Information For Professionals
Established in 2012, We are based at Lilford Park in Leigh and St Peters Pavilion in Wigan
- Green Crew focus on Crew Members' assets.
- We build on abilities, generating person-centred and meaningful outcomes where each can make a real difference in their community.
- Our activities offer physical, emotional and mental health benefits.
- We work on a ratio of 1 staff member to 3 crew members.
- We provide 1:1 support.
- We work as a team.
- We run at least 3 Crews per day.
- Per year, the crews give at least 10000 hours of work to community-based projects.
- Genuine relationships are forged between crew members, staff and other groups we work with.
- Everyday our activities generate positive, measurable outcomes for Crew Members, the community, the environment and partner groups / organisations.
- Green Crew have all policies, procedures expected of an approved social care provider.
- We provide green-themed off-site activities in fantastic locations, such as.
- Path construction
- Path maintenance
- Tree work
- Hedge layering
- Habitat management
- All activities are risk-assessed and managed.
- Our power tools and hand tools have protocols and risk assessments.
- We have bi- weekly person-centred meetings.
- Crew Members participate in service planning daily.
- Each Crew Member has a person-centred and goal-centred review.
- Staff are well trained to carry out their duties.
- Staff are supervised regularly and attend person-centred meetings weekly.
- We work with many partners to provide meaningful community based activities that make a real difference, including:
- Canal & River Trust, Wildlife Trust, Greenheart, Wigan Leisure & Culture Trust, Wigan Council, Wigan & Leigh Homes, Groundwork, Friends of Low Hall, Friends of Amberswood Common, Friends of Lilford Park, Friends of Leyland Park, Haigh Walled Gardens (inc. Friends of), Widdows Flash disabled anglers, Think Ahead
- We enable Crew Members to help individuals in the community.
- We have a fantastic resource at St Peters Pavilion including:
- Large polytunnel
- Nursery beds
- Extensive grassed areas
- Vegetable garden
- Crew room where we plan the day and have the all-important brew!
- Tool store
- We offer up to 2 free taster days.
- We are competitively priced.
Green Crew took on a jungle of a community garden and gave us a clear space.. for young and old to enjoy, thank you for your kindness and hard work.
N Cullen Minister, Bryn Community Church.
Coming to Green Crew makes me happy…. keeping busy and meeting friends...
Thomas W Crew Member.
we know he is in a safe environment and he is happy...when he comes home he’s smiling, it's reassuring.
Thomas Crew Member Parent.