For groups who may want to work with us: please see testimonials below
- Some organisations that we have worked with:
- Canal & River Trust, Wildlife Trust, Greenheart, Wigan Leisure & Culture Trust, Wigan Council, Wigan & Leigh Homes, Groundwork, Friends of Low Hall, Friends of Amberswood Common, Friends of Lilford Park, Friends of Leyland Park, Haigh Walled Gardens (inc. Friends of), Widdows Flash disabled anglers, Think Ahead.
- We operate in all parts of the borough.
- Some jobs we have undertaken (there are many others)
- Crown lifting
- Wildflower meadow creation
- Hedge layering
- Dead hedging
- Habitat management
- Path maintenance
- Path creation
- Leaf blowing
- Digging out
- Tree planting
- Bulb planting
- Scrub clearance
- Land drain creation
- supporting management plans
- raised bed construction
- Per year, the crews give at least 10000 hours of work to community-based projects.
- We have our own vehicles to enable us to get to your project.
- We provide all support to our Crew Members and risk assessments.
- We provide our own tools and power tools.
The work on the Park has made a massive impact on the appearance of the area…the crown lifting of trees has made a significant difference to the appearance and safety of the park..positive comments are regularly received from the public in relation to your efforts.
P Harmer, Chair, Friends of Leyland Park.
..an extremely conscientious and motivated organisation that we have the good fortune to be able to partner with...tasks are always performed to a high standard.….excellent work on the towpaths.
M Taylor, Volunteer Coordinator, Canal & River Trust.
Green Crew took on a jungle of a community garden and gave us a clear space.. for young and old to enjoy, thank you for your kindness and hard work.
N Cullen, Minister, Bryn Community Church.
Many thanks to Green Crew for their work maintaining our paths and hedges. It is a pleasure to work with them, long may it continue.
A Bennet, Friends of Amberswood Common.
Since the arrival of the Green Crew ….the appearance of the Haigh Hall Kitchen Garden has been transformed. The team are well supervised…
D Holland, Friends of Haigh Walled Gardens.
..a service with real integrity.
Senior Local Authority representative.
If you would like to talk to us about a project please: